ONLINE UPDATE ON INDUSTRIAL RELATIONS MATTERS
09 Jul, 2020
Tune into BLLAHWU Facebook and Twitter pages to ask questions and get updates on Industrial Relations matters.
Time : 0900 hrs
Date : Friday 10th July 2020
Twitter handle: @Bllahwu1
Facebook: BLLAHWU - Vanguard of the Working Class
Dont miss out comrades !!! Viva Workers Power Viva!!!
ALLEGED NEGOTIATIONS ON OVERTIME OF PUBLIC SERVANTS IN MINISTRY OF LOCAL GOVERNMENT
09 May, 2020
1. We refer to the above captioned matter
2. It must be noted that overtime in the public service is regulated by Employment Act , and resolution no. 3 Collective Bargaining Agreement (CBA) of negotiations of 2015/16 as concluded at Public Service Bargaining Council (PSBC).
3. It is the duty of the employer to pay employees for work done as per dictates of employment relations regulated by above stipulated legal and policy framework.
4. Sometime this week various Councils issued correspondences indicating that overtime of employees will be withheld or not paid.
5. This morning the team of Permanent Secretary To President Elias Magosi and Director of DPSM Naledi Mosalakatane narrated to the public that they are in negotiation with Unions regarding the non payment of employment at Local Government .
6. First the two were not telling the truth as there are no negotiations on the matter and they know it , infact there is no need for negotiations about the matter and they will be none.
7. The concerned employees have earned overtime and what remains is for the employer to pay them accordingly.
8. We have just called DPSM to relay our displeasure of publicly stating something that is not true , and we have given them an ultimatum that by end of business on Monday 11th May 2020, they should have withdrawn the stated savingram and caused for payment of concerned employees.
9. It is ruthless and barbaric to have employers who get employees to work and fail to pay them for work performed as overtime. This is seriously concerning as it is done by Government who is supposed to be the role model employer , and upholder of labour laws and policies . What we are witnessing here is clear slavery where employees perform work without accompanying compensation .
10. As a Union we have taken the matter and will follow appropriate channels to ensure the justice for employees . We will equally with the same tempo deal with employers who want to ill treat employees . As ruthless as they are to employees , we will start to be ruthless with such Employers and officials.
Yours in Solidarity, Justice & Prosperity
SAFETY OF FRONTLINE WORKERS ON COVID-19
18 Mar, 2020
It is not yet clear if the current measures taken by the Government
guarantee workers safety and productivity.
We therefore, urge the Government to immediately take all the necessary
measures to ensure that the lives and health of workers as well as
protection of their labour rights are guaranteed as they will be in
the frontline of the battle against Coronavirus . BLLAHWU accentuate
the heroic contribution of health care workers in hospitals, clinics and
other services who are striving to protect the lives of the people in the
country under exhausting conditions ,poor and inadequate health system.
SAVE LIVES, ACQUIRE AIR AMBULANCE
10 Mar, 2020
BLLAHWU has a mandate of encouraging policy shift Botswana.
Many lives can be saved if people can reach the hospitals on time,
hence the need for air rescue in our country.
Character of BLLAHWU
03 Feb, 2020
CHARACTER OF BLLAHWU
Botswana Land Boards Local Authorities and Health Workers Union (BLLAHWU) is a Union that organises in public service, parastatals and private sector. BLLAHWU is the cradle and torch bearer of progressive labour politics in Botswana , class consciousness & true red Trade Union hinged on radicalism , militancy and clear ideological orientation in unleashing working class agenda .
The character & agenda of BLLAHWU is to;
-Advance, protect, deepen workers’ rights and agitate for better conditions of service, workers friendly laws and pursuit of social justice
-Open, robust debates & Inner democracy
-Working class unity and solidarity
-Criticism and self-criticism
-Unity of workers struggle
BLLAHWU CONDEMNS STATE HARASSMENT AND INTIMIDATION OF JOURNALISTS
18 Jul, 2019
Government should commit to lifting the advertising ban that has crippled the development and growth of the media, which is critical for promotion and development of our democracy.
Judgement on Collection of Additional Levies
24 Jan, 2019
Kindly be informed that there has been a judgement passed by Justice Garekwe delivered in open court on the 07th December 2018 as per the picture below.
BLLAHWU Heritage Day
13 Oct, 2018
BLLAHWU Heritage is an event where there shall be exhibition of diversity of culture in our country inclusive of showcasing of culture of Trade Union movement in an endeavor of displaying the inherent infusion of culture and human struggle.this event shall be held on the 13th of October 2018 , 1700hrs , Gaborone ,Tlotlo Hotel under the theme "Cultural influence on the struggle".